19 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
18 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
in 3 d project
Okay, friends. It’s November, so let’s get grateful! While we know you love sitting in a turkey stupor around the table after Thanksgiving dinner, listing off what you’re grateful for, there are more lasting (and more FUN) ways to express what’s in your heart. So many more! Why not say thank you with a few random acts of kindness, for example? What better way to pay a favor back than to pay a favor forward?
All you need to do is pull out your favorite Close To My Heart papers and tools and start crafting! With the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge, cute tags like these take no time at all. With a stamp here and a sparkle there, you’ve got adorable notes ready for use. You can deliver them as stand-alone notes or attach them to goodies.
When it comes to packaging those goodies, the Designer Creations paper bags do the job nicely. The bags come predesigned, so they take no prep time at all. Take them right out of the package, slip in some sweet treats—or just some sweet words—and get stealthy. Stash the goods into nooks and crannies when nobody’s watching.
You might enjoy some of these ideas as you go incognito (but you didn’t hear it from us):
- Leave inspiring notes for your unsuspecting targets around the house. Try the bathroom mirror, the novel your spouse is reading, or even inside the refrigerator. Yes, we said inside. Most viewed appliance in the home, wouldn’t you agree?
- Leave some goodies on a doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run! Your new neighbors will feel welcome and your old neighbors will feel loved all over again.
- Do a chore for someone and leave a note saying why serving them brings you joy.
- Hide a note under a coworker’s mouse.
- Write down words of advice for a new mother, a new couple, or someone else starting on a path you’ve tread before.
- Leave change in the vending machine with a note encouraging the lucky finder to buy a snack.
- Thank the custodian by leaving a note on their cart while they’re busy scrubbing away.
- Leave your waiter a nice note along with the tip.
- Hang a note from the car mirror for your spouse to stumble upon when they leave for work in the morning.
- Reflect on your blessings, write them down, and then dangle them from a Designed Décor frame or an indoor plant. All of your newly unleashed gratitude will be heavy, so we highly suggest you use the frame. ;)
- Take time to sit down with your parents, grandparents, or other relatives and write down their favorite sayings and wisdom on your tags. Hang the tags in a prominent place in your home to remember both your relatives and their wisdom. (This act can’t be done in secret, but hopefully you can trust your relatives not to betray your identity when pressured by the authorities.)
Get in the groove of gratitude today, and then express yourself! No matter how you go about it, you’ll feel like a million bucks . . . and who doesn’t want to be a millionaire?
17 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
in 3 d project
If you search for this set in Annual Inspirations, you’ll find it sitting on page 154, right next to the My Crush™ Holiday Happenings book. Naturally, this set fits our holiday-centered book like a dream (seriously, better than a vision of sugarplums dancing in your head), but you’ll find that it’s also a good fit for other pieces, even non-holiday themed projects.
C1602 My Acrylix® Magical Moment, 1245 Olive Cardstock, 1385 White Daisy Cardstock, X5770 Glacier Cardstock, X5929 Whisper Cardstock, Z2033 Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment, 44751 Archival Black Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z2116 Cranberry Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z2137 Olive Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z1880 Designed Décor Black Frame, Z1899 Hook Clips, Z2051 My Crush™ Holiday Happenings Badge Buttons, Z1263 Bitty Sparkles, Z2027 Mini Stapler, Z2097 Mini Staples, Thread
4″ Shift+Pocket Card <Card-2> (p. 50)
14 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
I made this portfolio with Close to my Heart with Confetti Wishes paper, stickers and assortment complements. It was fun to make this 4 inch by 6 inch portfolio closed that opens up to accommodate several photos and/or notes about the pictures. I have had some interest in doing a tutorial and wondering if you would enjoy seeing how to put this fun project together. Please leave me your thoughts and feedback. Have a great day!
13 Nov 2014 1 Comment
I made this micro mini album with Graphic 45 Bird Song paper. The size is the same as toilet paper rolls. It was so much fun to make this micro album. Love to hear your insights about the album.
12 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
As the weather gets colder and the holiday season rapidly descending on us, I thought of a wonderful “girly” themed mini album that can be given to someone in your life for a variety of different occasions. This mini album uses one style of album page and the tags are cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I have added Picture my Life cards from the Chantilly collection that are the same colors and match the pages very well! I was able to make the entire album including the chipboard cover and hidden hinge system to place the pages in the book in three hours. Love to know your thoughts about the mini album.